PORTFOLIO / PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
ColdFusion 9 Developer | State Of Idaho | Boise, ID. - July 2011 - Present
- ColdFusion 9 Developer (Database MSSQL), upgrading and supporting The State Of Idaho Retirement System. My current focus is developing secure applications using CFCs (ColdFusion Components) ensuring high security, manageable; and, reusable code.
ColdFusion 9 Developer | State Of Oregon | Salem, OR. - December 2010 - July 2011
- Programming ColdFusion 9 applications (DB2 in Main Frame). I upgraded the internal trucking online tax application for The State of Oregon. The application was built with CFCs with the framework of FuseBox 6.1.
ColdFusion 8 Developer | Cayuse Technologies | Pendleton, OR. - April 2009 - December 2010
- Programming ColdFusion 8 applications for various clients throughout the United States using mostly CF8 & Oracle 11g. All of these clients have non-disclosure agreements. I mostly work on enhancing
ColdFusion applications and sometimes creating new applications. I maintain documentation as needed based on user requirements.
ColdFusion MX7 Programmer | Travel Solutions | Columbus, OH. - December 2007 April 2009
- I wrote secure ColdFusion MX7 (SQL 2005) applications for the client portal. We developed and used
mostly ColdFusion Components (CFCs) to ensure security and keep performance at a high level. It was more necessary
when I would have to process large files through single thread processing. I included an example project below.
ColdFusion MX 7 - Project Example
Project Overview: The client would like to maintain their users that they allow into the portal by submitting an updated encrypted text file on a daily (or weekly) basis. This was necessary in case someone was no longer with the company and needed to be blocked from accessing the portal.
Project Solution: This (four part) automated process logs, reports, sends emails; and, archives all processes for tracking purposes. This process can process
large files using single thread processing without any timeout error and the application will call itself until complete
on each 100 lines of processing. This application is dynamic within our client portal. Which means drag and drop my application
into any folder; and, it works. I had to be brief; but, here are the processes...
ColdFusion MX7 Applications
Process A was to retrieve (via FTP) the encrypted text file, archive the file, and then delete the remote file. If failure, email administration.
Process B was if the new local encrypted text file exists, decrypt the file for processing; and, then re-encrypt
the file (with our encryption stamp) to send to our sister company via FTP. The decryption process is a stand alone process
called by the SQL Scheduler.
Process C was to process the file at 100 lines per thread. This application calls itself until
complete. Once the first 100 lines were processed, I passed the variables through the URL to recall the application until the end of the file is reached. Once fully processed, the application writes a report (size of file, process time start to end, profiles updated, profiles deleted, new, etc...),
emails the client with the report details, deletes the file (no decrypted information stored on our server); and writes a log.
Process D was to send the
new file (re-encrypted by process B) to our sister company via FTP; and, write a log.
View ColdFusion MX7 Code: http://www.korson.us/r/code.txt
View Output: http://www.korson.us/r/output.html
View Report: http://www.korson.us/r/report.txt
ColdFusion 5 Programmer / Systems Technician | The Grand Traverse Resort & Casino's | Suttons Bay, MI. | March 2006–December
- Lead programmer for the GTB website (http://www.gtbindians.org/). I also was training the current Newsletter Department web administration, CS3, HTML; and, CSS. I was also a systems technician which included Networking, Software, PC, Printer, Core Systems for The Grand Traverse Resort, The Leelanau Sands Casino; and, the Turtle Creek Casino. I was in charge of the data backup system; and, strategies. I maintained software guidelines/regulation standards, documentation of applications. I represented the IT Department on a management level; and, identified areas where existing policies and procedures required change.
ColdFusion 5 Developer / Contract Work | AT&T | Mount Clemens, MI. - January 2006 – March 2006
ColdFusion 5 Developer / Contract Work | Zondervan | Grand Rapids, MI. - May 2006– July 2006
Business Owner / Service Provider | The Internet Web Firm | Lake Leelanau, MI. | December 2001– March 2006
- I offered computer services for hardware, software, printers, networking, etc...
Freelance Work / Contract Work
- Programming ColdFusion and Web Developing for over a dozen of contract jobs throughout the Northern Michigan area.
Ferris State University | Bachelor Degree in Computer Information Systems | January 2000 – January 2005
References upon Request